Monday, March 26, 2007

Possibly maybe

I've been a bit uninspired and discouraged lately with this illustration thing, but I'm starting to get over that. I don't have any images to post yet, but I have a few projects that I'm working on. I have deadly sin number two under construction, and then some experments with vector (I haven't done anything in vector for ages, but I'm actually getting excited about that, I've discovered a new way to work with them). Then I want to make an image with Björk in it. I sketched her for hours yesterday - luckily she has loads of pictures of her in her site. Portrait drawing is very difficult, but drawing portraits of Björk is an artform itself, she has such an unconventional face! I think she's beautiful. I still haven't got it quite right, so there's some work to do there.

Since I don't have much work of my own to show yet, I thought I'd throw you some links to sites, that have inspired me lately.
Justin Wood
Jon Todd
Chinese vintage calendar cards
miniaturemouse
Yoko Tanji
Frederik Jurk
(I didn't ask permission for posting these, so if someone mentioned above sees this and gets offended by being linked, send me furious comments!)

Here are the least crappy Björk-sketches:

1 comment:

Frederik Jurk said...

Yeah, Björk has a very unique kind of beauty. Of all the CDs I´ve got from her, Vespertine has got to be my favourite. Although that album after that (this black one) with only vocals has its intense moments too. She seems to be pretty consequent with her work. And most of them have great artwork, too. Noticed how every album cover has her face on the front? I like this form of coherence.

Also, thanks for the time on commenting on my submissions. And I am glad to hear you had similar experiences with stress - my irregular sleep patterns could have caused the stress that caused my heart to feel weird; but I believe I was just too harsh on myself and after I really let myself go today I felt better INSTANTLY.

Stress can come on silent feet; and thinking that it might be an organic cause stressed me even more - a vicious cycle. My girlfriend helped me to relax and come down to earth. Thinking about it, most of the time I produce the best art when I am totally carefree and easy-going. Time to get back to that!

Looking forward to your next projects - and of course you can link me ^-^ (trying out some of those sweet asian emoticons!),

Frederik