Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Twins/Wired


I feel like such a sellout for making that trendy pattern in the background! I guess I'll do something really ugly and artsy next time to repent.

Here's another version of the image:

There's a slightly different feel to it. I usually end up with a large file in Photoshop, with dozens of layers and then I hide most of them. I had many different elements in this one, but most of them were confusing the image rather than contributing, so they had to go. I almost threw a tiger in the mix as well, but backed out in the last minute.. ha. Enough is enough.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Maarit! Especially the Kahn picture, very funny.

The blue watercolour one is nice too. Loose and nice.

Cheers!

Ammon said...

Very nice work. I like the style.

Unknown said...

Coolio design!!

jennifergrayolson said...

Beatiful. I think you're right about the tiger.

Michele Melcher Illustration said...

These are gorgeous.
Really nice work!

Frederik Jurk said...

The second one is WAY better because the contours of the women stick out more. Also, while I agree that it is a bit decorative, the patterns in the background of the second one have a certain connection to the figures, while they just randomly float in the first one.

Overall, I think that your style can cope with some patterns and such, since you have a very dreamy style. As long as you don´t put swirly stuff all over the place it´s fine ;)

So the second one is great. It also has a good focus.

Frederik

Frederik Jurk said...

Hey Maarit, you´re in luck. My final version of the fuel cell illustration got back to the "giant muscular upper body" again, mostly because I changed my mind and went for my "other" style, which works much better if I have to work under pressure.

Later,
Fred