Saturday, April 28, 2007

Remember?


Remember last week's Illustration Friday topic "polar"? Well, this is an entry for that. I know, it's a cheap shot, but my blog seems to be dying in my arms, and I have to do something to try to save it. I started sketching this piece last weekend, and today I just twisted my arm and physically made myself finish it. My arm still hurts. But I'm really glad I did it. It's a bit girlier than I intended, I've been trying to put some edge to my drawings lately, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

It looks kind of interesting inverted, too:


More of these:

13 comments:

ChatRabbit said...

These ladies are very, very COOL!

BRUCE SERETA ILLUSTRATION said...

That's good, I'll have to REMEMBER that! nice stylized drawing

studio lolo said...

Both are nice, but I like the inverted coloring better. Funny take on sneaking this one in! And hey...these girls need to eat something :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I really love the first one, very beautiful!

Good luck with your show!

mcscrub said...

very cool like both in there own ways keep fightin

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very cool images!

marikodzi said...

awesome!!! I love both versions.

itadakimasu said...

I like the last one, but actually you are doing good works...
and your blog won't die since there are people to watch ! keep going!!

Maarit said...

Thank you everyone for the encouraging comments! I'll try to post more often in the future (I had two posts this month, I'll aim for at least three next month), to keep this thing alive and kicking.

chris chua said...

AMAZING...so glad to have found your blog! I love them all:)

arvindh said...

your style is so elegant! beautiful work here!

Natura said...

Great design! Love textures.

kelly barton art + design said...

beautiful....