Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Captain update


Trying to get rid of my stack of unfinished pieces! This is done now.. I think. Hmm.. I'm getting new ideas for it now that I'm typing this, but I really need to draw the line somewhere..

Usually I feel weird about doing backgrounds, especially landscapes like this, but I think it works out fine here. It's very cliche landscapey, but that's what I like about it actually! And it does look more finished now.

edit: colour variation

edit2: this is the last one, I swear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i adore the captain (and his mistress!). what a unique illustration style you've got! i've put your blog in my list of favorites, i'll be back often! thanks for sharing what you do.

Maarit said...

Thank you kristi, you made my day!

Eli said...

This is really nice! The colors are great and the characters unique looking, great job! I could see it on an album cover, not that everything has to be commercial just that it looks musical to me for some reason.