Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gravity


Some hair obeys gravity, some doesn't.

This is actually part of the Seven deadly sins -series I'm doing (guess which one this is! - I'll tell you next friday). I wanted to experiment with this "abundance of everything" -style. It's a bit pompous for my taste, and it takes sooo much time and effort (I'm still out of breath from this one), allthough there are elements that I like, too. Actually it was kind of stupid to take on the seven deadly sins with this exhausting style, there are six more sins to illustrate... I feel like I painted myself into a corner!

I've been doing this for a while, and it's not finished yet. I think I'll add some pattern to the dress, and maybe some decorative elements in the background. No, I don't think it's too much...

edit: Thanks everyone for your comments! Wei Ning, you were absolutely right, it's pride.

13 comments:

Kara said...

That, is so, very, cool.

Kara said...

P.S! Good luck with the rest

Honor said...

Really love your colours, I'm sure the other 6 will be well worth the effort!

Fabian said...

Waw, amazing piece! One of the best of this week

Diane Duda said...

wow! i agree with fabian. great work!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

very nice illustration

ascenderisesabove.com/wordpress

Erika Astronauta Ariente said...

wow!! so great illo!

Bill Z said...

this is so cool - I wouldn't do much more to it!

Michelle said...

Wow, this is so original! Very cool.

timafli said...

Cool design and I like the way you treated the negative space. It is absolutely original. Maybe a little decorative elements on dress may help. Just a thought.

Wei said...

This is really great, can't wait to see the other 6. btw i guess this one is Pride :)

Frederik Jurk said...

Whoa, a new blog! Initially I just wanted to say thanks for your comment, and ask what Kulli means in Finnish EXACTLY, although I might be able to find that out myself ;), but I have to say you do real stunning art. If you don´t mind, I´ll put you on my linklist.

I am looking forward to your future posts already!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and unique images on your blog.. Keep it up!